Local closings and cancellations due to coronavirus
Editor's note: This list is continually updated as the News Journal receives closing and cancellation information. Check back for updates.
MANSFIELD - As the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, begins to spread, more things will be closed, canceled or postponed. Here is a list of some of the local closures and cancellations:
• The 114th Savannah High School alumni banquet planned June 13 has been canceled.
sg飞艇app• The 2020 Miss Ontario Pageant and the Ontario Fourth of July Festival have been canceled. The current Miss Ontario, Maria Caporini, will reign for the next year.
• Richland Soil and Water Conservation District (Richland SWCD) has canceled the rain garden and barrel workshop planned April 14. The Richland SWCD spring pond fish sale pick up on April 24 has been canceled. The next pond fish sale will take place in the fall. Fall orders are due by Oct. 9 and pick up is slated Oct. 16. For details, visit www.richlandswcd.net or call 419-747-8686.
• The Clear Fork Reservoir Campground is closed until further notice. Buildings are closed to the public and daily camping reservations have been canceled. A refund policy for seasonal campers is in development. The trails and public boat launch remain open. For questions, call the campground manager at 419-884-6277.
sg飞艇app• The Richland County Regional Solid Waste Management Authority's meeting planned April 8 has been canceled.
• University Hospitals Samaritan Medical Center is temporarily closing its New London Urgent Care. Patients in need of urgent care services are encouraged to visit the UH Samaritan Urgent Care in Ashland, 663 E. Main St. The Ashland location is open 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays.
• The City of Mansfield has announced that all play equipment within city parks is closed to public use. Parks remain open for use of the greenspace. Citizens are encouraged to not use the play equipment and they should be mindful of hand rails and picnic tables. Upcoming park activities and events may change as the city follows guidance from the governor's office. For questions, call the parks office at 419-522-9801.
sg飞艇app• The Butler High School alumni banquet has been canceled. Reservations will be refunded.The alumni committee is planning a banquet for next year. For questions, call Bill Hoeflich at 419-883-3947 or Dean Pore at 567-274-2777.
sg飞艇app• The North End Elder Program is canceled until further notice. NECIC is canceling all other large group meetings and contacting impacted attendees as needed.
sg飞艇app• The Mt. Sinai Baptist Church food pantry will not be operating until further notice. The church has also canceled it's 11 a.m. Sunday service until further notice at 275 Grace St., Mansfield.
sg飞艇app• Richland County Juvenile Court Judge Steve McKinley has ordered court restrictions in response to COVID-19. The court will remain open to hear urgent and emergency cases, only. All other cases will be continued at a later date. The court will continue to conduct pretrials and supervision of youth by phone and facetime. The court has also implemented health screenings for all who enter the building.
• Richland Public Health clinic has suspended routine adult and pediatric immunizations and TB testing until April 6. Pediatric flu shots are available by appointment, only. For questions, call 419 774-4700.
sg飞艇app• The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course has rescheduled the 2020 Acura Sports Car Challenge at Mid-Ohio. The event was originally set for May 1-3 and has been rescheduled to take place Sept. 25-27. Previously purchased tickets will be honored on the rescheduled dates. For details, email or visit midohio.com/imsafaq.
• The Friendly House has closed all facilities and programs, including Daycare and After School Programs. Friendly House plans to reopen when it is safe to do so and is moving forward with all plans for summer programming. The closure also includes the open house events planned at Hidden Hollow Camp April 18 and Happy Hollow Day Camp May 3. The open house events will not be rescheduled.
sg飞艇app• The Richland County Veteran Service Commission will not be conducting face-to-face interviews, allowing walk-in clients or transporting clients to the VA Medical Centers until further notice, per the State of Emergency declared by Governor Mike DeWine. Those seeking emergency financial assistance should call the office and speak with executive director Ken Estep, 419-774-5822. If your family physician is the VA and you are experiencing symptoms (fever, coughing/sneezing, trouble breathing), call 800-368-8262.
• The Richland Astronomical Society has canceled its April 6 meeting and its "Public Night" at the Warren Rupp Observatory.
sg飞艇app• NECIC and Temp2Higher are open by scheduled appointments only. No walk-ins will be accepted.
• The Mansfield/Richland County Public Library has closed all library locations until April 6. All due dates for currently checked-out library materials have been extended to April 15. Items should not be returned until the library reopens.
• The Fun Center Chordsmen have canceled their annual show, “Road Trip,” scheduled April 4 at the Renaissance Theatre. The Chordsmen will honor refunds for advanced ticket purchasers.
• Richland County Ohio Democratic Party has canceled the annual Jefferson Jackson Dinner slated April 18. A new date and venue will be arranged. For details and updates, visit Richlandcountydemocrats.com.
sg飞艇app• The Humane Society of Richland County has temporarily suspended shelter hours. The organization will remain available by phone, email and Facebook messenger during normal business hours to answer questions and respond to reports of animal cruelty, neglect and abandonment. Schedule appointments by calling 419-774-4795.
sg飞艇app• All events, including rehearsals and auditions, at Mansfield Playhouse have been postponed.
• Little Buckeye Children's Museum will be closed until further notice.
• The Sonshine Band concert has been rescheduled for 6 p.m. April 26 at Trinity United Methodist Church, 1592 Grace St., Mansfield.
• Visitation for inmates at the Richland County Jail is suspended until further notice, at the order of Sheriff Steve Sheldon.
• The Richland County Sheriff's Office will limit public access to the records section to Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• The Mansfield Income Tax Office will be closed to the public until further notice. Taxpayers are encouraged to mail their returns. Tax information and the option to file online is available on the city’s website. The department staff can be reached by telephone at 419-755-9711 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• University Hospital Samaritan Medical Center, 1025 Center St, Ashland, has postponed UH community events.
• The Ohio Republican Party will stop participation in any public-facing events due to concern over COVID-19 until April 12.
• The Mansfield Art Center's classes, workshops and programs will be postponed to April 16. The Regional High School Exhibition and Mansfield K-8 Art Show started March 22 and the opening reception is rescheduled for 3 p.m. April 19. The center's exhibitions and gallery shop will remain open for regular hours 11 a.m. to 5 pm. Tuesdays through Sundays.
• All City of Mansfield recreational activities and programs are suspended until further notice.
• Richland County Domestic Relations Court has canceled divorce classes for both parents and children.
sg飞艇app• Richland Academy of the Arts has suspended all classes and lessons through April 5.